Hello and welcome to my new blog.
It’s taken me a long time to get here. I’ve had attempts at blogging before, but much like my teenage diary efforts, my initial enthusiasm soon faded out leaving a few waffles on a never-read page. However, this time I feel like I’ve actually got something to say, somewhere to say it and (I hope) people that might want to read it.
So what will it be about?
- Food: I love food. I love the satisfaction of cooking something delicious and dishing it up to the people I care about. It’s the most satisfying thing.
- Eating: I love eating food. Not just what I’ve cooked, but also (even more so) what other people have cooked – from slap up meals to greasy fry-ups.
- Cake: Could come under the ‘food’ topic but it’s such a passion it deserves a mention of its own. I bake. A lot. I am an organiser for the Clandestine Cake Club (Manchester North) and avid consumer too.
- Wine: My family business and something I hope to get involve in one day. Not strictly limited to wine though, there will most likely be copious amounts of gin.
- Music: I play the saxophone. I also try to sing, but don’t often share that with the public unless begged or plied with stuff mentioned in item 4. Performing and entertaining is almost as satisfying as cooking for people.
- Parenting: I’ve been practicing on Small Person number 1 for almost two years. Lots to learn. She’s turning out ok so far though. More luck than anything I think.
Why now? Because I want to have a record of thoughts, share information (mostly about cake) with friends and the world, and maybe it’ll be something the kid will want to read when she’s older. Not in her teens though…that will be way too cringeworthy for everyone involved.
So there we go. I hope you enjoy. Please do comment and stuff, bearing in mind that if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. I’m kidding*
Thanks for reading.